Re: bonobo, gtk widgets, DOM

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 15:06, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:

>    Definitely alternative c) is the best.  Maybe XPath identifiers are
> appropriate for this purpose?...

this is interesting, the problem is that not all the communication is
from the user to the widget. Had it been this way, it would only be the
user to provide Xpath expressions, and our DOM implementation already
supports xpath interpretation. But when the widget has to notify the
user with a particular node, it would have to generate an xpath
expression for that node, and I don't see a sensible way to do this in
general.

>   Alternative a) also has some potencial, but you should create DOM node
> CORBA wrapper objects only on-demand.  Don't create a BonoboObject for
> each DOM node in a tree!

oh that's for sure. BTW, the bonobo wrapper for DOM might be generated
automatically almost completely, but it looks like an overkill solution
anyway.

Is it possible that nobody else had this problem before?

-- luca