Re: Mnemonic and BonoboWidget

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 13:14, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Gustavo,
>
> On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 11:36, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> >   I was trying to set a mnemonic label to activate a BonoboWidget.
> > Apparently, it doesn't work. I get a beep and this error:
>
> 	Interesting indeed.
>
> 	I think - really, the answer is that we tend to all agree now that
> bonobo is not really suited for use at the widget level for a number of
> extraneous reasons. It's really best for plugging in big bits of
> software / GUI.

  I think bonobo widgets are very useful. Especially with the latest
glade, where you can add bonobo widgets directly, and view their
properties (from the PropertyBag). And libglade loads them automatically
too. I'm not sure I want to give that up...

> 	So ... I don't know if this is something we can fix really; especially
> since it's hard to get that information (whether there is something to
> activate) without more API (perhaps).

  I suspect this could be made to work without more API for the
following reason. I have a GtkEntry then a BonoboWidget which happens to
have a GtkEntry inside some containers. When first GtkEntry has focus,
and I press TAB, focus goes correctly to the GtkEntry inside the Bonobo
control. Somehow, the keyboard navigation code seems to discover
correctly the entry in the control. But I could be wrong, of course.

--
Gustavo Joćo Alves Marques Carneiro