Re: critical error in bonobo_object_unref(): assertion `ao != NULL' failed

Hi Ben,

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 07:34, Ben Liblit wrote:
> I need some help tracking down the cause of the following error message,
> which appears just before my Bonobo server terminates:
>      Bonobo-CRITICAL **: file bonobo-object.c: line 286
>      (bonobo_object_unref): assertion `ao != NULL' failed

	Something is unreffed twice; to catch this sort of msg; it's best to
put a breakpoint in g_logv to see where it's coming from.

> 	bonobo_running_context_auto_exit_unref(BONOBO_OBJECT(server));

	This method does two things:

		a) ignores the reference count of server for lifecycle
		   tracking and
		b) unref's that object before exiting the server when
		   there are no other refs around.

	If you bin the auto_exit_unref you should get the behavior you're
expecting - although, it's prolly best to have an explicit 'dispose' or
somesuch on the server to tell it to shutdown, so the remote client
doesn't free something to which you still hold a local pointer
(*server).

	HTH,

 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot