Re: Learning about BonoboControls/NautilusViews

Hi Jens,

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 09:47, Jens Finke wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, M wrote:
> > btw: But why are so many new applications using
> > BonoboPersistFile (like Eog-Collection ??)
>
> Convinience. I don't quite understand why we drop well (AFAICS) working
> code and let each user of this interface copy&paste it by hand.

	Heh ;-) well - it's a fair enough comment; but the old code is a crufty
mess, encourages people to use gpointer closures, and is not necessary.
We're talking ~50 lines of skeleton code here (some of which replaces
the old callback signatures), and the user then adding his load/save
hooks; we could macroize it - but I'd prefer to stick with not having
that clutter around I think.

	But as you say - it's not as cut and dried as all that,