Re: Bonobo Tutorial

Hi Michael,

	Good name ;-)

On Sat, 2002-03-16 at 04:32, Michael Petnuch wrote:
> I don't if this is the right place for this message, but here it goes.

	Yes.

> I have been trying without much avail to learn how to use bonobo so that
> I would be able to better understand the programs that use them and
> eventually help those projects.

	Read the samples in the libbonobo source distributions.

> However, I have not been successful.  The tutorials that I found, there
> weren't many, delt with older versions of bonobo and/or wouldn't
> compile.  I though I hit the jackpot when I found bonobo-tutorial
> however from CVS; yet, it also dealt with the old bonobo.

	Read the source.

> I don't want to waste my time learning some of the depreciated aspects
> of bonobo, because it seems that it has gone through quite a large
> change for GNOME2.  What I am asking if anyone here knows of a very very
> basic tutotial for the new bonobo.  I just wanted to look at something
> that perhaps is just a bonobo control that encapsulated a simple widget
> or two  so that I can better understand how things work.

	We ship several sets of sample code with the libbonobo[ui] tar balls -
as well as lots of regression tests all of which use the Bonobo API in
various (sometimes contorted) ways.

	Simply pull the source for libbonobo or libbonoboui and look in
samples/