Re: Introduction

--- Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> wrote:
> 	Nope - the reason is that to do GUI embedding eg. controls etc. >
   you are going to need X - since it uses the XEmbed protocol to >
  embed widgets.
> 	For scripting however it would be more easy to use libbonobo
>       alone, assuming you're using Gnome 2.0, but then you still have
>       to port ORBit2 and linc to windows, which may be problematic.

Thanks for writing back to me, I have been in contact with
Steven Obrien about this issue :
See : http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steven.obrien2/
He has ported great many apps to Cygwin,
Not all of them are up to the lastest version, but I am going to start
my looking into what he has.

more to follow,

mike

=====