Re: Introduction

Hi James,

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 12:31, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> Right now I am fighting compiling this glib/gtk/dia under Win32,
> how painfull! There has GOT to be a better way to do this?
>
> Anyone port the bonobo to win32/cygwin?

	Nope - the reason is that to do GUI embedding eg. controls etc. you are
going to need X - since it uses the XEmbed protocol to embed widgets.

	For scripting however it would be more easy to use libbonobo alone,
assuming you're using Gnome 2.0, but then you still have to port ORBit2
and linc to windows, which may be problematic.

	Regards.