Re: libbonoboui distcheck patch

Hi Havoc,

On Mon, 2002-01-07 at 23:11, Darin Adler wrote:
> I think that a much better fix is to remove the cd $(srcdir).

	Yes - at least someone needs to put the effort into getting this right;
I see neither glib nor gtk+ have done so [ where this ugly fragment was
copied from ]. Autogenerating code into $(srcdir) is just really bad
news, and it makes distcheck fail with newer autotools who write protect
the source dir.

	The whole thing sucks really; still - if it makes things build better
for you - I suppose we can accept it temporarily with a heavy heart -
but I'd like the situation properly fixed - and preferably without the
need to cut and paste tens of lines of error prone Makefile ruleage from
glib - which doesn't do it right anyway.

	Hmm,