Re: BonoboUnknown & G_SIGNAL_TYPE_STATIC_SCOPE

Jens Finke <jens triq net> writes:
>   #define BONOBO_TYPE_UNKNOWN
>   (bonobo_unknown_get_type () | G_SIGNAL_TYPE_STATIC_SCOPE)

I don't think this works at all; there will be cases where the static
scope isn't expected or allowed when you do want the type.

> -			       BONOBO_TYPE_UNKNOWN,
> +			       bonobo_unknown_get_type (),

The standard convention is that the get_type() function should never
be used directly, the macro should always be used.

> Does anybody know what the Right Way (TM) fix is?

I believe the right fix is to take STATIC_SCOPE out of
BONOBO_TYPE_UNKNOWN and put it in where it's appropriate.

BONOBO_TYPE_UNKNOWN isn't going to get copied, it's an object; it will
just get g_object_ref/unref calls if it's not static (I think).

Anyway, cc'ing Tim and Owen since they can probably give a definitive
answer.

Havoc