Re: deprecated interfaces; one more question

Hi Gustavo,

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 15:51, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>   Well, unfortunately my server is in Python, so I can't do that:
> deriving from BonoboObject in python is not supported (yet, I hope). In
> addition, since the C object is deprecated, the python maintainers
> refuse to do a python wrapper for it. I'm stuck. :(

	Python has to provide a way for you to implement CORBA interfaces - so
just use that to implement the Unknown -> Persist -> PersistStream
interface. Ultimately you're going to need to implement all the methods
yourself.

>   On a related subject, how does one create a Bonobo::Stream object? I
> have managed to create one for reading using monikers, but I am unable
> to create one for writing. This would be used for saving a component to
> a file using the Bonobo::PersistStream interface.

	Well; I think the workaround for this was to get a Storage interface
from the directory, and then use openStream with the 'CREATE' flag set
on it.

	Of course - you can create in-memory streams etc. as well using the
bonobo impl's.

	HTH,