Re: documentation, deprecated interfaces

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 16:03, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 14:49, Jaka Mocnik wrote:
> > On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 15:34, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> > >   Given the lack of examples of component programming (EOG is the only
> > > one I know of, but it seems to use all sorts of deprecated interfaces),
> > you can look at GGV - sadly, it too uses the PersistStream interface.
> > there are also some examples in nautilus.
>
>   Hi, Jaka.
>
>   Unfortunaly nautilus components are bound to use the nautilus
> interfaces. Normal applications should not use Nautilus::View, otherwise
> it would be called something like Bonobo::View.
>
>   But if GGV uses PersistStream, it gives me more confidence to use it
> myself. I think there's a general trend now to deprecate a lot of
> things, some of which should not be deprecated.
heh... the use of PersistStream is a relic of the past, since I ported
GGV (and its bonobo component) from Gnome 1 platform. I don't think that
you should use deprecated interfaces in newly written code. On the other
hand, I really don't know why the BonoboPersistStream object was
deprecated: it offered a nice, effort-less way to add this functionality
to one's component.

regards,
	jaKa

--