Re: libbonobo.la ?

On Tuesday 06 August 2002 13:25, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Jean-Baptiste,
>
> On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 11:59, Jean-Baptiste Cazier wrote:
> > What shall I do to avoid the call to the eludign libbonobo.la ?
>
> 	.la files are redundant on Linux; if you feel you're up to it you can
> just bin them all:
>
> 	rm /usr/lib/*.la
>
> 	Clearly one of them is referring to a non-existant la. for good measure
> you should remove any in your current tree.
>
> 	Then it should build,
>
> 	Regards,
>
> 		Michael.

I did not remove, but move all my /usr/lib/*.la file to /tmp/la
and reconfigure, recompile both libgda and gnome-db with the --wtih-oracle=$ORACLE_HOME
and it WORKED !
At least the compilation

When I start gnomedb-fe I get nothing at all as a user
If I start it as root then I get plenty of exception when I try to connect to the database:

What shall I do once the gnomedb I did
make
make install

Thanks