Re: CORBA interfaces undocumented?

Michael Meeks wrote:

>         If you don't want to link to libbonobo-activation, then the only option
> is to exec something that does and parse it's output - at least to
> overcome the first reference problem.

Yes, indeed - for the first-reference issue.

>         However - when bonobo-activation has been activated it should have a
> nice clean CORBA interface - shouldn't be overly difficult to re-write
> and improve the existing interface / impl. just a matter of time.

That will be nice, indeed.

Since the first-reference issue will stay with us I hope
we plan for the activation "daemon" itself to stay alive throughout
the session, so that we don't have to do this before every
call.  I realize that we may want to do error recovery in case the
activation process has died, but I'd rather not explicitly ping
it before every call.

Regards,

Bill