Re: Bonobo Clipboard, try #1

On 22 May 2001, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> Monikers are useful for the linking case, not really the `fully
> embedding' case, as a moniker is just a pointer to the remote object.

this is basically what I said in

> Linking to unsaved data is meaningless, so I think this is a problem
> monikers could solve 100%. We need to come up with a way to specify
> linking on the target side, however -- maybe
> Clipboard::copy_to_clipboard should also have a Bonobo::Moniker
> source_moniker argument, which if non-NULL means the given data source
> also supports linking, and then this moniker could also be stored in
> the Clipboard -- now that I think about it, this is in fact the
> solution:)

So I think both a moniker and a persiststream should be exported by the
data source to the clipboard in case it is meaningful.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001