Re: Bonobo::Control::getProperties ()

On 21 May 2001 12:52:49 -0400, Michael Meeks wrote:

> > BTW, with the current setup, am I supposed to QI for Persist* on the
> > property bag or on the control (in case the control is not also
> > aggregated into some other object that has other functions)?
>
>       Um, I would put a Persist* interface on the control, that is if
> you wish to fully serialize the component's state. Clearly the PropertyBag
> might only reflect a sub-set of the component's state - if you only want
> to serialize that you might want to aggregate to the property bag. Of
> course, if the pb reflects the whole state, you could aggregate a copy
> of that interface's impl. to both... :-)

The above seems to imply that a Persist* interface for an object might
be obtainable by QI on one interface of the object and not on another
interface of the same object.  Doesn't that break one or two of those QI
rules?  I thought that:

add_interface(a,b)
add_interface(b,c)

implied add_interface(a,c).