Re: Bonobo::Control::getProperties ()

Hi Gergo,

On Mon, 21 May 2001, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> > But if we are using has-a, shouldn't that also somewhat appear in
> > persistance? I.e. if a control has settable properties, it means it has
> > some internal state, which should be saveable/loadable

	The getProperties method is to make the contract more explicit [
in the absence of a 'Service' contract definition ], and to make things
easier for scripting languages - perhaps.

> BTW, with the current setup, am I supposed to QI for Persist* on the
> property bag or on the control (in case the control is not also
> aggregated into some other object that has other functions)?

	Um, I would put a Persist* interface on the control, that is if
you wish to fully serialize the component's state. Clearly the PropertyBag
might only reflect a sub-set of the component's state - if you only want
to serialize that you might want to aggregate to the property bag. Of
course, if the pb reflects the whole state, you could aggregate a copy
of that interface's impl. to both... :-)

	HTH,