Re: nautilus-throbber / BonoboEventSource refcounting

Hi Darin,

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Darin Adler wrote:
> I look forward to removing this entire mess when we come up with some
> real solution to this problem for the new Bonobo. I'd be willing to
> help implement too, if we can come to a consensus about the right
> solution for GNOME 2.

	Of course, good solutions to the reference counting issues are
most welcome, however the "just don't do it" is no solution, since we then
simply rely on X getting it right - and we don't always have an X
connection eg. gconfd, oafd, monikers etc. etc.

	To do this, we need some heavy duty ORB hooks, and to have more
information as to the intention of a ref, or better still built in
automatic Bonobo ref counting support.

	Either way - it is a mine field,