Re: nautilus-throbber / BonoboEventSource refcounting

On Monday, May 21, 2001, at 09:49  AM, Michael Meeks wrote:

	Of course, good solutions to the reference counting issues are
most welcome, however the "just don't do it" is no solution, since we then
simply rely on X getting it right - and we don't always have an X
connection eg. gconfd, oafd, monikers etc. etc.

	To do this, we need some heavy duty ORB hooks, and to have more
information as to the intention of a ref, or better still built in
automatic Bonobo ref counting support.

	Either way - it is a mine field,

I think we can use some kind of lease. Objects are created with a lease (say 10 minutes) and the lease can be extended. Owning objects extend the lease (say every 5 minutes).

This doesn't require any special ORB hooks, X connections, or anything like that.

    -- Darin