Re: Bonobo, configure, --without-gnome

JP Rosevear wrote:

> I only see a --with-gnome option and this is provided for
> all gnome apps by the standard gnome macros and is used
> for specify a gnome prefix.

I was under the impression that for every '--with-xxxxx' switch, there
is a corresponding '--without-xxxxx' switch that would cause portions of
the project that are dependent on 'xxxxx' be skipped, and configure the
rest of the project that's independent of 'xxxxx'.

Is that true for Bobobo?

> It is quite out of date at this point. Newer docs are supposed
> to be up on d.g.o but they don't appear to be yet.

Hope I can read them soon.  In the mean while, is Craig Brockschmidt's
book still the next best thing? How about the newer Don Box books?

I've finished reading the two New Riders books.  I'm a fairly competent
CORBA programmer.  I can sense that Bonobo will be a key technology for
the UNIX desktop.  But I haven't found the right door into it yet.  I
would appreciate any pointers to a direction where I can go in directly
and quickly and see some results, not wondering around trying one
thing---only to find out that it leads to another thing, and then
another, etc.

Thanks,

--
Weiqi Gao