Re: Bonobo, configure, --without-gnome

On 22 Mar 2001 07:52:26 -0600, Weiqi Gao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just tried to configure the released version of Bonobo on a system
> without GNOME, but with Gtk+, ORBit, libxml, etc..|  I ran "./configure
> --without-gnome" to configure the Makefiles, and got an error
> "gnome-config not found" when the configure script was trying to test
> for the presence of libIDL.

I only see a --with-gnome option and this is provided for all gnome apps
by the standard gnome macros and is used for specify a gnome prefix.

> Also, I was trying to get some introduction documentation and found all
> the usual ones.|  However the GNOME & CORBA book seems to need some
> updating, especially the code.|  Is it still the primary source of
> information on Bonobo/GNOME/CORBA?|  Or is there another book being
> written or some other?

It is quite out of date at this point. Newer docs are supposed to be up
on d.g.o but they don't appear to be yet.

-JP

JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com