Re: Bonobo::Persist::getIID () (fwd)

Michael,

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Michael Meeks wrote:

>         The patch looks fine. As for naming, you'll see we use 'getId' in
> bonobo, so I suppose it should be getIId or somesuch.

But the IID is called, well, IID. Not IId.

>         Either way, I'd prefer you to rename it to getMoniker, since I
> think that's a more useful and generic approach, that solves the naming
> issue conveniently too.

I know your opinion on this. I am approximately halfway between getMoniker
and getIID, leaning toward the latter. I'd like to hear the opinion of
others on this list.

>         And then please commit to CVS module libbonobo, sadly we can't
> make this sort of change in Gnome 1.4.

I think I pointed this out before -- this was never intended to be applied
to GNOME 1.4.

Bye,
	Cactus

--