Simple Bonobo UI Example

As I understand it, in this age of Bonobo, there is currently no need to use
GnomeApp or it's UIInfo menu/toolbar system. It may even be unnecessary to use
GtkWindow, GtkButton, GtkEntry, etc, but I'm less clear about that.

But I can not find any simple example. It is just impossible for me to figure
this stuff out from looking at Gnumeric or Nautilus source code.

What's needed is the Bonobo equivalent of Havoc's gnome-hello. Frankly, I'm
amazed at the lack of tutorials for the Bonobo API. Sure there's stuff about
making containers and stuff about making controls, but not about using all the
new GNOME UI stuff that's only available via a CORBA API. I don't understand
how anybody ever learnt how to use it.

I can only guess that the core developers are hoping to make a little cash
from a GNOME/Bonobo book. I don't mind that, but if that's the case, then I'd
be interested to know when it might arrive.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com