Re: Simple Bonobo UI Example

On 24 Jun 2001 12:50:21 +0000, Murray Cumming wrote:
> As I understand it, in this age of Bonobo, there is currently no need to use
> GnomeApp or it's UIInfo menu/toolbar system. It may even be unnecessary to use
> GtkWindow, GtkButton, GtkEntry, etc, but I'm less clear about that.
>
> But I can not find any simple example. It is just impossible for me to figure
> this stuff out from looking at Gnumeric or Nautilus source code.

you should be looking at the BonoboWindow class, which implements the
equivalent of GnomeApp. Then, to create the UI, you need either a XML
file (look at evolution/ui for some examples) or to create the menu
programatically (via the BonoboUIComponent class)

> What's needed is the Bonobo equivalent of Havoc's gnome-hello. Frankly, I'm
> amazed at the lack of tutorials for the Bonobo API. Sure there's stuff about
> making containers and stuff about making controls, but not about using all the
> new GNOME UI stuff that's only available via a CORBA API. I don't understand
> how anybody ever learnt how to use it.

the API is documented in
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/bonobo/book1.html

cheers