.oaf files in share/oaf

this one just occured to me:
Are .oaf files supposed to contain information about components possibly
installed on the system, or information about components actually
instaleld on the system? My guess is #2.
However, if one machine exports file systems to other machines of multiple
architecture, there is no guarantee that all components will be available
to all architectures, but /usr/share (if I remember the file system
standard correctly) will be made available to all the clients, thus
containing information about components not available.

Thoughts?

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001