Re: GConf vs. bonobo-config

>    * Some article (in spanish) about xml-i18n-tools and bonobo-conf (I don't
>      speek spanish, but I saw the words xml-i18n-tools and bonobo-conf in it).
>      http://www.barrapunto.com/gnome/01/02/22/200237.shtml

I'll translate it, just in case it matters :-)

"There's been some days since I wanted to send this article after
reading it in the mailing list, the first release of the configuration
moniker being developed by Ximian. I suppose this moniker is closely
related to Ximian Setup Tools. With it, you'll be able to configure any
detail of the programs that are running on the system on an homogenous
way. I don't dare yet to tell more details but I'll follow the track.
The monikers that are going to appear will be the new and powerful API
to GNOME via Bonobo."

Then, there was a reply by myself:

"bonobo-conf is not directly related to Ximian Setup Tools. It is a
moniker which allows access to the configuration stored on the system,
in this case, through GConf"

The dates are Feb 22nd and Feb 23rd

cheers

--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/