Re: GConf vs. bonobo-config

Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> writes:

> I'm switching to very angry mode, and removing every swear word than
> comes up to my mind.

And I'm switching to dump-you-with-20-URLs mode:

a) The name "bonobo-conf" appeared at least once on gnome-announce-list:

   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2001-April/msg00016.html

b) I guess you know what "Bonobo" is and where Bonobo discussions happens,
   on gnome-components-list:

   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-components-list/2001-April/msg00078.html

c) The discussion on gconf-list:

   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gconf-list/2001-February/msg00010.html
  (this mail was Cc:ed to gnome-hackers)

d) In Konqueror, type "google:bonobo-conf" or use any other search engine.
   Gives me the following (and more);

   * Miguel's initial GNOME 2.0 proposal: (*)
     http://primates.ximian.com/~miguel/gnome-2.0/blue-sky.html

   * Some mail about Evolution using bonobo-conf:
     http://www.mail-archive.com/evolution ximian com/msg00490.html

   * Some article (in spanish) about xml-i18n-tools and bonobo-conf (I don't
     speek spanish, but I saw the words xml-i18n-tools and bonobo-conf in it).
     http://www.barrapunto.com/gnome/01/02/22/200237.shtml

   * Michael Meeks' activity log:
     http://www.gnome.org/~michael/

   * Just to be complete in the URL list; Jacob's gnome-libs proposal (**):
     http://primates.ximian.com/~jacob/gnome-libs.html

e) Now repeat d) with "bonobo-config". Gives you more links to the Evolution
   mailing list.

The Bonobo::PropertyBag interface is in Bonobo since ages and it's also used, so this
stuff didn't suddenly appear by magic.

(*)  Miguel's initial GNOME 2.0 proposal already contained a "bonobo-conf" module.
     So if you read this document and did not know what this is, you had a lot of
     time to ask.

(**) It's kinda ironic that back in March I didn't like Jacob's and Miguel's proposals
     very much, now I'm going more or less their way.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)