Re: short names

Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:

> I wonder why it was decided to rename property_bag to pb and
> property_editor to peditor in the API? For variable names, especially
> local ones, it is ok. But I always though and have read in books, that
> long, "speaking" names are recommended for APIs, i.e.
> bonobo_property_bag_get_property is better than bonobo_pbag_get_prop.
>
> If it was so from the beginning, then OK. But I see no point in renaming
> PropertyEditor to PEditor now, and even suggest to revert back.

Well, you are right, but our names grow to an incredible length, sometimes
over 50 character. That was the reason why I have changed it - just to save
some typing. The PropertyEditor interface is still in development, and
there was no stable release at all. So I think most people can live with
those changes.

- Dietmar