Re: will the Bonobo Clipboard be accepted to be a part of the GNOME 2 API?

Chipzz <chipzz ULYSSIS Org> writes:

> On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Alex Larsson wrote:
>
> > From: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>
> > Subject: Re: will the Bonobo Clipboard be accepted to be a part of the
> >     GNOME 2 API?
> >
> > On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Chipzz wrote:
> >
> > > GTK+ works on the framebuffer right now. Why design an API that's broken WRT
> > > framebuffer apps now and fix it later? I'ld say, get it right the first
> > > time.
> >
> > GtkFB is single process only, so bonobo doesn't make sense there. It is
>
> Hmmm should have known that.
>
> > also *not* targeted for desktop system, so please ignore it in this
> > context.
> >
> > / Alex (GtkFB maintainer)
>
> But it may still make sense to copy-paste in 1 app. I do it all the time.
> Thou granted, GTKFB may not be the best of examples.

I believe GtkClipboard works fine on GtkFB currently. If Bonobo
clipboard APIs are built on top of GtkClipboard, instead directly
on top of the X selection API's, then they will also with with
GtkFB. If they use X API's directly, then if someone ports
Bonobo to GtkFB, they'll need to port that portion as well.

But I don't think using Bonobo clipboard API's on GtkFB in a single
process is really any more likely than people using Bonobo
for embedding with GtkFB.

Regards,
                                        Owen