Re: will the Bonobo Clipboard be accepted to be a part of the GNOME 2 API?

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Alex Larsson wrote:

> From: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>
> Subject: Re: will the Bonobo Clipboard be accepted to be a part of the
>     GNOME 2 API?
>
> On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Chipzz wrote:
>
> > GTK+ works on the framebuffer right now. Why design an API that's broken WRT
> > framebuffer apps now and fix it later? I'ld say, get it right the first
> > time.
>
> GtkFB is single process only, so bonobo doesn't make sense there. It is

Hmmm should have known that.

> also *not* targeted for desktop system, so please ignore it in this
> context.
>
> / Alex (GtkFB maintainer)

But it may still make sense to copy-paste in 1 app. I do it all the time.
Thou granted, GTKFB may not be the best of examples.

regards,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                  UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny