Re: will the Bonobo Clipboard be accepted to be a part of the GNOME 2 API?

On 29 Jul 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I believe GtkClipboard works fine on GtkFB currently. If Bonobo
> clipboard APIs are built on top of GtkClipboard, instead directly
> on top of the X selection API's, then they will also with with
> GtkFB.

OK so here's my Bonobo Clipboard idea: let's keep the current CORBA
interface, but do the storage of the actual pasting/linking moniker on the
X (GTK+) clipboard. So if application A asks for the clipboard in
text/plain the Bonob clipboard does the necessary magic to get this data.
If application B asks for the clipboard in bonobo/pasting, it gets the IOR
of the pasting moniker. ANd so on.
So is there some example code available for setting the clipboard
`asynchronosuly' i.e. by setting up a callback which can decide if a given
format is supported at the time a request is made?

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001