Re: GenericFactory FUBAR?

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, ERDI Gergo wrote:

> Well, I always kill oafd before starting GNOME2 programs. My OAF_INFO_PATH
> is set to the correct directory. oaf-run-query finds the correct entry:
>
> [gnome2] 18:53:07 [cactus galaxy bonobo]$ oaf-run-query bonobo:moniker.has\(\'xclipboard:\'\)
> number of results: 1
> OAFIID:Bonobo_Moniker_XClipboard

desperately trying to provide more details, I've just tried
oaf-test-client, and it seems to work:

[gnome2] 00:23:27 [cactus galaxy test]$ ./oaf-test-client
Test by query succeeded
Test from id succeeded
Test from aid succeeded
Broken link test passed 1 ('Couldn't find the factory server'), passed 2
Broken exe test passed 1 ('Failed to execute this-executable-doesnt-exist:
2 (No such file or directory)'), passed 2
Circular link test passed 1 ('Location loop'), passed 2
Server that doesn't register IID test passed 1 ('Failed to execute
./oaf-empty-server: 2 (No such file or directory)'), passed 2
Server with IID but no type or location passed 1 ('(null)'), passed 2

13 of 13 tests passed (All)

So this seems to be more of a libbonobo issue. Oh and BTW, in case I
haven't mentioned this before, the factory is started, but the factory
callback is not called.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001