Re: Stock items - toolbar label vs. menu label

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
> 	We allow mnemonics inside menus - of course, however it is
> inappropriate to include mnemonics in toolbar labels [ to my mind ]
> toolbars are fundamentaly not designed for keyboard navigation - as menus
> are.

I don't really agree with that - perhaps toolbar key navigation
shouldn't be via mnemonics, but certainly it should exist. Calum's bug
report on this in bugzilla suggests that tab-navigation of toolbars be
allowed. But mnemonics make sense to me too for toolbars with text.

Note that the mnemonics work only if they are visible - if you set
your toolbars to icons only so you can't see the labels, then the
mnemonic is automatically disabled.

> 	Also, it might be worth noting that having a different label for
> toolbar / menus is often a good idea ( for length reasons ) - and would
> absorb the unneccessary toolbar mnemonic nicely.

Yes, having separate labels for the two might be nice.

Havoc