Re: Stock items - toolbar label vs. menu label

Hi Havoc,

On 18 Jul 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>  - mnemonics, i.e. the underlined char in a label, typically focuses
>    an entry or presses a button, usually alt + underlined char

>  - accelerators, usually Ctrl+something, mostly used for menus, though
>    they can also exist outside of menus
>
> The underlined char in your menu/toolbar labels is a mnemonic, not an
> accelerator. Any widget with a label inside it or next to it can (and
> should) have a mnemonic.

	We allow mnemonics inside menus - of course, however it is
inappropriate to include mnemonics in toolbar labels [ to my mind ]
toolbars are fundamentaly not designed for keyboard navigation - as menus
are.

	Also, it might be worth noting that having a different label for
toolbar / menus is often a good idea ( for length reasons ) - and would
absorb the unneccessary toolbar mnemonic nicely.

	As it is I think we'll stick with parsing mnemnonics out of
toolbar labels for now.