Re: Interface Versioning

Hi JP,

On 10 Jul 2001, JP Rosevear wrote:
> So, it seems there is a problem with versioning of interfaces with the
> current standards.

	The ORB doesn't support it, it is not clear how to support it,
neither is it clear how interface versioning would appear in the C
mapping. As far as I understand the whole concept of interface versioning
is broken.

	If in fact in GIDE you do have published interfaces that you need
to version, you will have to either:

	a) Add the new methods on another interface and QI for it.
	b) Add a new interface called FooBaa2

	It does sound to me as if you have a solution in search of a
problem though.