Re: Interface Versioning

On 10 Jul 2001, JP Rosevear wrote:

> So, it seems there is a problem with versioning of interfaces with the
> current standards.
>
> The problems are that the standard for idl and oaf naming do not include
> version numbers, making it impossible to install multiple version of and
> interface.  Additionally, the factories tend not to have a version in
> the executable name, so multiple factories can not be installed.  Dave
> Camp and my proposal is to include that versioning information.  ie.
>
> GNOME_Sample_Control_1_0.idl
> GNOME_Sample_Control_1_0.oaf
> sample-control-factory-1-0
>
> Thoughts?

It doesn't matter, since CORBA interface version is basically useless.

(prove me wrong...)
-- Elliot
License is hereby granted for unlimited non-commercial use, copying, and
distribution of this text, provided no modifications are made. Those interested in
commercial use are required to provide the author with exclusives to a new musical
rendition of "Share the Software" by Richard Stallman.