Re: Interface Versioning

On 11 Jul 2001 07:55:55 -0400, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi JP,
>
> On 10 Jul 2001, JP Rosevear wrote:
> > So, it seems there is a problem with versioning of interfaces with the
> > current standards.

Interface versioning was a poor choice of subject.  Put it this way -
how can I installed two versions of a component, the 1.0 interface
version and the 1.1 interface version?  I don't have a need for the orb
to do the versioning resolution.

> 	It does sound to me as if you have a solution in search of a
> problem though.

Not at all.  How can multiple versions of gtkhtml be installed now?
Especially when the idl interface changes.  This is a problem right now
for proper gtkhtml/evolution packaging.

-JP
JP Rosevear				jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.				http://www.ximian.com