Re: Installing OAF (RPM package) from source...

On 1/24/01, 4:52:23 AM, Nicholas Hynes <admin 1site co nz> wrote regarding
Installing OAF (RPM package) from source...:

> I've tried posting this query around more general news groups, with
little
> response.

> I need to install OAF, in order to install Bonobo properly. I've got the
OAF
> source .rpm, but am unable to install it because of compiler warnings.

> It seems that
>      rpm -bc
> will set the -Wall flag (treat warnings as errors), which causes the
build
> to fail, which, in turn, causes the RPM installation to fail.

> Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

I don't think -Wall treats warnings as errors. It enables a lot of
warnings, but they are still just warnings.

rpm -bc is supposed to stop after doing the compile stage. That's what
the c means.

Try rpm -bb (Build binary package). Leave the spec file alone. Try man
rpm.

Darrin