Re: Installing OAF (RPM package) from source...

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Nicholas Hynes wrote:

> I've tried posting this query around more general news groups, with little
> response.
>
> I need to install OAF, in order to install Bonobo properly. I've got the OAF
> source .rpm, but am unable to install it because of compiler warnings.
>
> It seems that
>      rpm -bc
> will set the -Wall flag (treat warnings as errors), which causes the build
> to fail, which, in turn, causes the RPM installation to fail.
>
> Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

Install the source RPM (rpm -i) and hack the oaf.spec file in
/usr/src/packages/SPECS. You will find the following lines somewhere in
this file:

CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" ./configure $MYARCH_FLAGS \
        --enable-more-warnings \
        --prefix=%{prefix} \
        --sysconfdir=%{sysconfdir}

Change --enable-more-warnings to --disable-more-warnings.
After this do: rpm -bb oaf.spec.

Well, this is the way it works for me. Maybe someone has a better
solution, because I'm not a rpm expert.

Regards,

   Jens