Re: popup menus, xml merge

Hi Colm,

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Colm Smyth wrote:
> I was actually more intersted in stimulating discussion around putting
> policy decisions into GConf.

	See gnome-libs/libgnomeui/gnome-preferences.h however, there is no
way that bonobo is going to become directly dependant on gconf.

	I think a nice way to solve these compatibility issues would be to
map the settings into the config moniker namespace eg.
config:GNOME/Preferances/toolbar_relief that would ( via an ugly chunk of
extension code in bonobo-conf ) ensure that the backend was unified and
compatible whilst giving a nice API for these properties.

	As for tearoffable popups, it seems like everyone hates them
except me, so I'll disable them for popups.