Re: popup menus, xml merge

> From: Darin Adler <darin eazel com>
>on 1/19/01 9:46 AM, Colm Smyth at Colm Smyth ireland sun com wrote:
>
>> I assume Gtk+ could support menu tearoffs generally, but to me
>> enabling or disabling tearoffs is a policy decision;
>> it should not be coded into any application but determined
>> using a global configuration setting, ideally stored in GConf.
>
>Gtk+ does already support menu tearoffs generally. Also there is a global
>configuration setting as you suggest. If it's turned off, you don't get
>tearoffs at all.
>
>The discussion is only about whether right-click menus should have tearoffs
>when the configuration setting is turned on.

Thanks for the clarification, I was responding to just your mail; I agree
with you, all Gtk+ context (right-click) menus should implement similar
behaviour for consistency, regardless of the application or component
that created it.

I was actually more intersted in stimulating discussion around
putting policy decisions into GConf.

Colm.