menu keyboard shortcut customization broken in Bonobo?

Hi Michael,

GNOME (or is it GTK?) has a user-editable menu shortcuts scheme whereby the
user pops up a menu, prelights an item, then types a keyboard equivalent
(including modifier key). This keyboard equivalent is then stored in some
wacky place and displayed/used in the future for this menu in this
application.

Some user reported that this didn't work with Nautilus, and sure enough, it
doesn't. I remember that it worked originally, so I strongly suspect it
stopped working when we switched to using the new Bonobo UI stuff. Michael,
can you confirm or deny whether this mechanism is supported by Bonobo?

Thanks,

John