Re: ORBit2 idl-compiler headers not installed

Michael Meeks <michael peabody ximian com> wrote:
>         Fair comments in fact :-) I think we stripped the 'backend'
> capability in it's shlib form from orbit-idl in the last revision.

Erm... That could be bad. Why was that done?

>         I'd be most interested to see the ORBitC++ code that you have, and
> I'm sure Mark and I would be happy to help port it to ORBit2 - if it's
> merely a matter of an IDL compiler backend - that's something we could
> trivialy fold back into ORBit2 itself in fact - since it would add no new
> dependencies.

The ORBit-C++ compiler backend is written in C++, so it would at least
introduce the dependency on a C++ compiler and runtime. The current
version of ORBit-C++ also provides a C++ mapping of the CORBA spec, so
there is a library to provide the POA, some operations on Anys, sequences
and so on, as well as a CosNaming library.
--
Sam Couter          |   Internet Engineer   |   http://www.topic.com.au/
sam topic com au    |   tSA Consulting      |