Re: directory structure: client-side wrappers

"Murray Cumming" <murrayc usa net> writes:

> I think that the client-side GTK-wrapper files, such as bonobo-widget,
> bonobo-wrapper, and maybe others that I haven't found, should be in their
> own directory. There should be a clear separation between server
> implementations and syntatic sugar for client code. Otherwise it just gets
> harder to understand what's going on with all these similarly-named types.
>
> I know that you can't do this in stable, but please consider doing it for
> GNOME 2.

Since nobody else is speaking up, I discussed the issue of client side
wrappers with Michael and Paolo some at GUADEC (since they cause
problems for the Perl binding), and our conclusion was that they
really need to be named to be distinct from the actual Bonobo
interfaces. As I recall, the name we decided on was something like:

 Gnome::Bonobo::Control

For the Gtk/GNOME client side wrapper/helper for Bonobo::Control.

Regards,
                                        Owen