Re: directory structure: client-side wrappers

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:
> Since nobody else is speaking up, I discussed the issue of client side
> wrappers with Michael and Paolo some at GUADEC (since they cause
> problems for the Perl binding), and our conclusion was that they
> really need to be named to be distinct from the actual Bonobo
> interfaces. As I recall, the name we decided on was something like:
>
>  Gnome::Bonobo::Control
>
> For the Gtk/GNOME client side wrapper/helper for Bonobo::Control.

That seems like a good idea. I discussed it briefly with Michael on IRC and,
after being persuaded that I wasn't asking him to do the work, he seems to not
mind such a change too much.

I expect to be reviewing the whole API for a C++ bonobo binding, so I should
be able to idenfify the client functions anyway. I am also wondering if this
is the stuff that would be replaced by Mango anyway.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com