Re: Proposal of a Bonobo::Zoomable interface

> Well, I can understand that it may be a bit of bloat if you have many
> components embedded in a compound document, but this interface really
> isn't so large that it'll cause a bloat and applications which only
> support compound documents can still emit the "set_zoom_level" signal
> on the view rather than using the Zoomable interface.

The issue I have with it is that you will have to write a lot of code
to handle the min-zoom, max-zoom, zoom-steps IFF the interface is
supported by the control, if not, do not use it.

As I said before, it seems like a completely new abstraction to the
world of widget sets (again, modulo Postscript, but Postscript was
more powerful anyways).

> I think there should be a way to have a component only create an interface
> if it's queried for it, or is this already possible ?

Already possible.  Attach to the query_interface signal, and return
objects on demand.

Best wishes,
Miguel.