Re: Proposal of a Bonobo::Zoomable interface

Tuesday, September 26, 2000, 6:09:30 PM, Darin Adler wrote:

> on 9/26/00 8:14 AM, Martin Baulig at martin home-of-linux org wrote:

>> This is basically copied from Nautilus::Zoomable, but I added a way to
>> find out whether there is a minimum/maximum zoom level (`has_min_zoom_level').
>>
>> How do you like this ?

> We (the Nautilus team) would love to see the Zoomable interface in Bonobo.
> Martin's proposal leaves out the ZoomableFrame interface, which is used by
> the object to report zoom level changes to the container.

>     /* A zoomable has the responsibility to look for this
>      * interface on its Bonobo frame and call
>      * zoom_level_changed whenever it changes the zoom level (on
>      * its own or due to calls from the zoomable interface).
>      */

>     interface ZoomableFrame : ::Bonobo::Unknown {
>         oneway void report_zoom_level_changed (in float zoom_level);
>     };

      Couldn't the Zoomable component change its attributes, too?
Changing some view option (layout/print/structured) of a document
viewer could cause changing of possible zoom factors. So the most
flexible way would be to limit Bonobo::Zoomable to the three methods
only and define that a zoomable component must implement
Bonobo::PropertyBag for accessing readonly and readable attributes.
The Frame can reuse the PropertyListener interface to keep track
of both: the actual zoom factor and the additional attributes.

Regards,
Torsten