Re: review of the Storage interface

Hi Dietmar,

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> I suggest the following changes for the Storage interface:

        I am extremely concerned that your suggestions are extensive and I
do not understand why many of them are neccessary. What application do you
have in mind for eg. locking, content types on storages etc. etc. Why are
these neccessary to your mind ? MS manage to cope without this
functionality and the interface is currently nice and thin. It would be
good if you could try and rationalize each one on the list carefuly before
writing any code.

        I would be open to putting more information in the
'directory_list' method; I think a new API that takes an integer is a bad
idea. Clearly we need some exception loving in the functions and possibly
the open modes need sorting out.

        Can you split your thoughts into some chunks so we can understand
them better ?

        Thanks,