Re: oaf time stamp problem

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Troy D . Gillette wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is the right place to post oaf problems, but...
>
> impl_OAF_ObjectDirectory_get_active_servers inside oafd/od-corba.c uses
> time stamps to decide whether to check active servers (specifically,
> only_if_newer and servant->time_active_changed). However, since these are
> only set to the nearest second, they are usually equal. At least in my test
> case with only one server running. This causes any "_active" queries to fail
> randomly. Changing the test from < to <= seems to fix the problem, but I'm
> not sure how safe that is.

"<=" == bad idea - that will effectively cause it to reget the OD contents
every time, I think.

Can you give more details on your test case? Unless you are doing
rapidfire activate-then-query, there shouldn't be problems.

Theoretically it shouldn't be too hard to change things to use a 'struct
timeval', though, and that seems like it needs to be done whether or not
there are other problems indicated by your answer to the above question.
Patches welcome. :)
-- Elliot
[ "In a democracy, the government is the people," Milo explained. "We're people,
aren't we? So we might just as well keep the money and eliminate the middleman." ]
							- Catch-22