Re: prefixing interface identifiers (X...)

Hi Michael,

> Hi Torsten,

>>   1. it is absolutely no argument for me that OO possible has to rename
>>      their existing interfaces without a X-prefixed Bonobo. OpenOffice
>>      API has to change anyway if it will be founded on Bonobo. And if it
>>      will be backward compatible, we will have to provide a wrapper
>>      layer anyway.
>>      Again, the pain of huge changes in OpenOffice code base was _not_
>>      my studlycaps argument, too.

> I disagree. First of all, we cannot really make a wrapper.

  - you _will_ have to make changes,
  - you _will_ have to provide a wrapper, if you are supposed to be
    compatible
  - A (possible) change from X prefix to no prefix (in OO API) is
    really the easiest part of providing a wrapper
  - gnome-hackers is not the right place to argue with code size of
    OpenOffice or efforts of OO developers.

I think: if this needs further discussion, it could be followed up in
dev api openoffice org (gnome hackers welcome!) or whatever, to spare
the nerves of gnome hacker.

--
Best regards,
 Torsten                            mailto:Torsten Schulz germany sun com