prefixing interface identifiers (X...)

Hi,

  in several threads I found the discussion about the actual
OpenOffice style to prefix interfaces with X and if it make any sense
to use it Bonobo, too. I just want to say:

  1. it is absolutely no argument for me that OO possible has to rename
     their existing interfaces without a X-prefixed Bonobo. OpenOffice
     API has to change anyway if it will be founded on Bonobo. And if it
     will be backward compatible, we will have to provide a wrapper
     layer anyway.
     Again, the pain of huge changes in OpenOffice code base was _not_
     my studlycaps argument, too.

  2. Sevice/Interface name clashes like
     service Cell
     {
        interface Cell;
        interface PropertyPag;
     }
     seems to be a hint, that something is wrong with the choosing of
     the identifiers. Because service Cell is 'more' than interface
     'Cell', so why are they called the same?

  3. I think the decision to prefix interfaces in OO was made only to
     have a obvious distinction between the meta-types of type names.
     But _then_, why aren't all other type names prefixed, too? (like
     'enum YMyEnumType {...};' and struct ZMyStructType {...};') Or if
     you want to distinguish interface names and service names, why
     don't prefix services?

... or stay on the Bonobo way to do no kind of prefixing.

--
Best regards,
 Torsten                          mailto:Torsten Schulz germany sun com